Nadia Sawalha reveals agonising neck burns after being scalded in freak kitchen accident – Manchester Evening News

Loading ....

Nadia Sawalha was left screaming in agony after a freak kitchen accident.

The Loose Women panellist suffered burns to her neck after a bottle of boiling honey exploded.

Nadia, who has had the ‘week from hell’ with her beloved pet dog Chi Chi falling ill, called herself a ‘plonker’ for attempting to soften hardened honey in the microwave while on holiday.

READ MORE:

“This really has been the week from hell!” she wrote while sharing photos of her blistered neck on Instagram.

“I’m calling this my IDIOT INJURY! What a PLONKER I am!

“You will NOT believe how I got these burns.”

Asking for recommendations of products or home remedies to prevent scarring Nadia, 56, said she would explain the full horrifying story on her YouTube channel.

She later shared a video alongside her husband Mark Adderley in which she explained the accident happened with hot honey ‘sprayed all over’ her neck.

She described her ordeal
(Image: Nadia Sawahl)

“Don’t ever ever do this guys,” she warned.

She explained that she had put the honey pot into the microwave, which at home usually takes 15 seconds.

But she got distracted when she spotted a passing windsurfer performing tricks through the window.

“I opened the microwave and the plastic bottle was two more seconds from the whole thing exploding like shrapnel,” she said.

She was sprayed with boiling honey
(Image: Nadia Sawahl)

“I panic and go to put my hand in to get the honey.

“The honey leaps out the pot and sprays all over the ceiling, all over the side, all over the floor, all over the cupboards and splashes up my neck and I’m screaming.

“I ran and ripped my top. It was boiling.”

She continued: “I run over to the sink and stick my head in. The honey pot is still jumping around spraying.

“The pain was excruciating. I was in this agonising pain.”

Nadia kept an towel and ice on the burns for four hours and took paracetamol.

“You are so lucky it could of gone in your face,” said one fan.

“Oh, nooooo… poor you,” sympathised another.

Get a weekly round-up of Coronation Street news, spoilers and fan chat direct to your inbox.

The newsletter will land in your inbox on a Friday and bring you the highlights of everything we’ve written about Weatherfield that week.

It will include the latest action both on and off the cobbles, what you thought about the soap’s top storylines and what the stars are up to away from the set. Plus much more!

So you’ll never have to miss a thing.

To sign up simply follow this link and tick the box next to MEN Coronation Street.

Nadia has thanked fans for their get well messages for Chi Chi, who is still in pet hospital but improving.

The adorable pooch has been diagnosed an autoimmune disease which can hopefully be treated with drugs.

“This last week has been incredibly tough for my family and I, and indeed, all our friends that love our gorgeous cockerpoo Chi Chi almost as much as we do,” she said.

“YOUR support has been incredible too .

“Chi Chi has quite frankly been through hell over the last week. Bless her.

“She has been in hospital since Monday night. It’s been an absolute roller coaster as her symptoms were so complex and therefore baffling.”

 

Loading ....